Wikisource:Piòla

Da Wikisource.
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Piòla - Discussion an tra j'utent[modifiché]

Admin rights Ooswesthoesbes[modifiché]

Hi, I'd like to request temporary admin rights to help the community building up the templates (currently broken; requires MediaWiki editing). I think a period of about one month would be sufficient. --Ooswesthoesbes (ciaciarade) 14:51, 8 giu 2018 (UTC)

Support, he's an experienced sysop on mul.ws --Candalua (ciaciarade) 14:54, 8 giu 2018 (UTC)
Support: my full support too! I need the work done! --Pcastellina (ciaciarade) 14:55, 8 giu 2018 (UTC)

Comments[modifiché]

In the long run, one or both of you should become a sysop, too. Once OWTB finishes doing what he's going to do, people who know the language (you) need to step in. Congratulations, and good luck! StevenJ81 (ciaciarade) 18:16, 8 giu 2018 (UTC)

I fully agree. I believe Pcastellina already hinted at him becoming administrator. If that's what he wants, I suggest he already opens a vote, so he can take it over once I'm done here. --Ooswesthoesbes (ciaciarade) 18:27, 8 giu 2018 (UTC)
Yes, I am the one who initiated and carries on, for the moment, most of the work here and I am active in the field of the preservation of the Piedmontese language and literature elsewhere. There are only a few other active people accessing this platform who are knowledgeable of the system and certainly I can ask them to vote me as sysop here. I am more than willing also to ask others to join in (and be taught). Just tell me how to do this voting procedure and where. Thanks. --Pcastellina (ciaciarade) 07:12, 9 giu 2018 (UTC)
I'll open the vote below. --Ooswesthoesbes (ciaciarade) 08:51, 9 giu 2018 (UTC)
I'd like to know too what are my responsabilities and privileges as a sysop. Where can I find a description? --Pcastellina (ciaciarade) 14:55, 9 giu 2018 (UTC)
You can read this page for more information. --Ooswesthoesbes (ciaciarade) 09:16, 11 giu 2018 (UTC)

I just saw they granted me the rights until the 9th. I will address the issues as soon as possible. --Ooswesthoesbes (ciaciarade) 15:13, 12 giu 2018 (UTC)

Did I receive these rights yet? Who is going to give me the notification? I would need to modify the side-bar (especially for the reference of the help). I would also need to block any modification of the entry page made by unauthorized people. Thanks. --Pcastellina (ciaciarade) 12:55, 14 giu 2018 (CEST)[rispondi]
Hi, the general policy is to wait at least a week. I'll put your request to the central authority now. --Ooswesthoesbes (ciaciarade) 12:21, 15 giu 2018 (CEST)[rispondi]

Admin rights Pcastellina[modifiché]

I nominate User:Pcastellina for permanent admin rights. He is a trusted user who has worked hard on this project. --Ooswesthoesbes (ciaciarade) 08:52, 9 giu 2018 (UTC)

Support. --Ooswesthoesbes (ciaciarade) 08:52, 9 giu 2018 (UTC)
Support. --Candalua (ciaciarade) 08:59, 9 giu 2018 (UTC)
Support. --Graziano.eugenio (ciaciarade) 14:51, 9 giu 2018 (UTC)
Support. --Borichèt (ciaciarade) 20:41, 9 giu 2018 (UTC)
Support. --Carlo_ellena (ciaciarade) 07:13, 11 giu 2018 (UTC)

Comments[modifiché]

As nearly one week has passed, I put the request on meta. It can be found here. --Ooswesthoesbes (ciaciarade) 12:25, 15 giu 2018 (CEST)[rispondi]

As the community is considered to be too small, they only gave you temporary admin access for 1 year. So, your admin access will expire on 19-06-2019, and you have to hold a new vote about a week before it expires. --Ooswesthoesbes (ciaciarade) 10:51, 20 giu 2018 (CEST)[rispondi]

Un incontro a Ginevra[modifiché]

Innanzitutto complimenti perchè in così poco tempo siete riusciti a far decollare Wikisource in piemontese. Ne approfitto per dire che dal 22 al 24 giugno, a margine di un convegno con tutt'altro tema [1] cercherò di parlare con gli altri wikimediani svizzeri, italiani e francesi di iniziative per rilanciare progetti comuni alle diverse Wikisource. Se come WS.pms avete discorsi particolari da portare avanti scrivete pure qui.--Mizardellorsa (ciaciarade) 17:46, 12 giu 2018 (UTC).

Come devo fare per inserire un trafiletto di benvenuto simile a https://it.wikisource.org/wiki/Pagina_principale --Pcastellina (ciaciarade) 08:35, 13 giu 2018 (UTC)
Grazie delle informazioni. Continua a tenerci informati e fa conoscere ad altri che "ci siamo anche noi" qui. --Pcastellina (ciaciarade) 19:47, 12 giu 2018 (UTC)

Update on page issues on mobile web[modifiché]

CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 20:58, 12 giu 2018 (UTC)

Teaching the public[modifiché]

I know people who could work with us here, but have difficulty in using the WikiMedia platform. We need to teach them even the basic steps. Is there any tutorial available for teaching beginners step by step? We do not have to take anything for granted. Many are really clumsy with IT. --Pcastellina (ciaciarade) 07:34, 13 giu 2018 (UTC)

Help pages like these can be found on most wikis. --Ooswesthoesbes (ciaciarade) 10:37, 13 giu 2018 (UTC)

Interwiki transclusions[modifiché]

Hi! Would it be possible that an administrator to edit the MediaWiki:Common.js and include this line, please?:

mw.loader.load('//wikisource.org/w/index.php?title=MediaWiki:InterWikiTransclusion.js&action=raw&ctype=text/javascript');

This will capture the javascript from Multilingual Wikisource that will allow the capture of text that is present in certains works in other Wikisources (e.g. Catalan Wikisource) to be shown in piedmontèis Wikisource (it sounds odd!) :) E.g.: Il corsale and other 4 texts). This works OK in other WS like ca:MediaWiki:Common.js, es:MediaWiki:Common.js and others. Now they don't show the text. Thanks! -Aleator (ciaciarade) 22:38, 4 luj 2018 (CEST)[rispondi]

No feedback? -Aleator (ciaciarade) 23:36, 22 ost 2018 (CEST)[rispondi]
Sorry, personally I have no idea of what this means... --Pcastellina (ciaciarade) 22:08, 24 ost 2018 (CEST)[rispondi]
Hi, Pcastellina! If you look for example to Il corsale you will see no text, because the text comes from the Catalan Wikisource (thanks to the template:Iwpages that is instead of the text), but this template only works if MediaWiki:Common.js has the following line of code:
mw.loader.load('//wikisource.org/w/index.php?title=MediaWiki:InterWikiTransclusion.js&action=raw&ctype=text/javascript');
That code forces to all users (because it would be added to Common.js, the javascript that all users load when visit a Wikisource) to also load the javascript that makes the template:Iwpages to work, that is, https://wikisource.org/wiki/MediaWiki:InterWikiTransclusion.js.
You can see for example that the Italian Wikisource also has that line of code at its it:MediaWiki:Common.js. So thanks to that, tha Italian Wikisource page it:Il corsale loads the text from the Catalan Wikisource, as Il corsale will do if that change is applied here. (By the way, I don't know why it.source has the text, if it is not Italian, AFAIK).
While this change is not made, those 5 pages I told will have no text (because the text is in another Wikisource).
I know that all this sounds very rare. You can ask to any it.source admins if you prefer. Thanks! -Aleator (ciaciarade) 18:35, 27 nov 2018 (CET)[rispondi]

Words hyphenated across pages in Wikisource are now joined[modifiché]

Hi, this is a message by Can da Lua as discussed here for wikisource communities

The ProofreadPage extension can now join together a word that is split between a page and the next.

In the past, when a page was ending with "concat-" and the next page was beginning with "enation", the resulting transclusion would have been "concat- enation", and a special template like d:Q15630535 had to be used to obtain the word "concatenation".

Now the default behavior has changed: the hyphen at the end of a page is suppressed and in this case no space is inserted, so the result of the transclusion will be: "concatenation", without the need of a template. The "joiner" character is defined by default as "-" (the regular hyphen), but it is possible to change this. A template may still be needed to deal with particular cases when the hyphen needs to be preserved.

Please share this information with your community.

MediaWiki message delivery (ciaciarade) 12:28, 30 stè 2018 (CEST)[rispondi]

ItWikiCon[modifiché]

Nei giorni 16-18 novembre si tiene a Como ItWikiCon, tre giornate di dibattiti fra i wikimediani. So che la situazione di Wikisource in piemontese vede il principale contributore dimorare in un posto lontano, ma se qualcuno riesce a programmare la presenza sarebbe un modo di conoscersi di persona. La parte di programma già finora delineato è raggiungibile con questo link Entro il 16 ottobre si possono proporre nuovi temi. Io tento di raccogliere adesioni, anche da lontano, per una sessione dedicata alle Wikisource nelle lingue così dette minori Se potete mandare qualche riga riassuntiva della vostra esperienza, potrebbe essere utilizzata nel dibattito.--Mizardellorsa (ciaciarade) 11:25, 1 otó 2018 (CEST)[rispondi]

Aperte le iscrizioni per itWikiCon 2018[modifiché]

Ciao a tutti. Da venerdì 16 a domenica 18 novembre 2018, Como ospiterà la seconda edizione di itWikiCon. È ora possibile registrarsi seguendo le istruzioni presenti a questo link. Nella stessa pagina trovate anche le istruzioni per richiedere una borsa di partecipazione e il relativo regolamento.
Ulteriori informazioni logistiche si trovano sul sito dell'evento, mentre il programma (non ancora definitivo) è disponibile su meta: ItWikiCon/2018/Programma
Ne approfitto anche per ricordarvi che potete votare per scegliere il logo di itWikiCon, in questa pagina.
Per qualsiasi domanda potete scrivere qui, oppure a Ysogo e, per questioni relative al programma, CristianNX, Civvì e Ruthven. --Superchilum (ciaciarade) 09:27, 7 otó 2018 (CEST)[rispondi]

including html[modifiché]

Is it possible to upgrade this platform in order to include html inserts? --Pcastellina (ciaciarade) 22:08, 2 dzè 2018 (CET)[rispondi]

Selection of the Wikisource Community User Group representative to the Wikimedia Summit[modifiché]

Dear all,

Sorry for writing in English and cross-posting this message.

The Wikisource Community User Group could send one representative to the Wikimedia Summit 2019 (formerly "Wikimedia Conference"). The Wikimedia Summit is a yearly conference of all organizations affiliated to the Wikimedia Movement (including our Wikisource Community User Group). It is a great place to talk about Wikisource needs to the chapters and other user groups that compose the Wikimedia movement. For context, there is a short report on what happened last year. The deadline is short and to avoid the confusing vote on the Wikisource-I mailing list of last year, we created a page on meta to decide who will be the representative of the user group to the Wikimedia Summit.

The vote will be in two parts:

  1. until December 7th, people can add their name and a short explanation on who they are and why they want to go to the summit. Nomination of other people is allowed, the nominated person should accept their nomination.
  2. starting December 7th, and for a week, the community vote to designate the representative.

Please feel free to ask any question on the wikisource-I mailing list or on the talk page.

For the Wikisource Community User Group, Tpt (talk) 15:15, 5 December 2018 (UTC)

New tools and IP masking[modifiché]

16:19, 21 ost 2019 (CEST)

The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just started[modifiché]

-- Kbrown (WMF) 19:14, 30 stè 2019 (CEST)[rispondi]

Feedback wanted on Desktop Improvements project[modifiché]

09:15, 16 otó 2019 (CEST)

Community Wishlist 2020[modifiché]

Magic Wand Icon 229981 Color Flipped.svg

IFried (WMF) 20:30, 4 nov 2019 (CET)[rispondi]

Wiki Loves Folklore[modifiché]

WLL Subtitled Logo (transparent).svg

Hello Folks,

Wiki Loves Love is back again in 2020 iteration as Wiki Loves Folklore from 1 February, 2020 - 29 February, 2020. Join us to celebrate the local cultural heritage of your region with the theme of folklore in the international photography contest at Wikimedia Commons. Images, videos and audios representing different forms of folk cultures and new forms of heritage that haven’t otherwise been documented so far are welcome submissions in Wiki Loves Folklore. Learn more about the contest at Meta-Wiki and Commons.

Kind regards,
Wiki Loves Folklore International Team
— Tulsi Bhagat (contribs | talk)
sent using MediaWiki message delivery (ciaciarade) 07:15, 18 gen 2020 (CET)
[rispondi]

Movement Learning and Leadership Development Project[modifiché]

Hello

The Wikimedia Foundation’s Community Development team is seeking to learn more about the way volunteers learn and develop into the many different roles that exist in the movement. Our goal is to build a movement informed framework that provides shared clarity and outlines accessible pathways on how to grow and develop skills within the movement. To this end, we are looking to speak with you, our community to learn about your journey as a Wikimedia volunteer. Whether you joined yesterday or have been here from the very start, we want to hear about the many ways volunteers join and contribute to our movement.

To learn more about the project, please visit the Meta page. If you are interested in participating in the project, please complete this simple Google form. Although we may not be able to speak to everyone who expresses interest, we encourage you to complete this short form if you are interested in participating!

-- LMiranda (WMF) (talk) 20:01, 22 gen 2020 (CET)[rispondi]

Community Tech Launches Wikisource Improvement Initiative[modifiché]

Apologies for the broken links in the previous message. This message is in English, but we encourage translation into other languages. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

We hope you are all healthy and safe in these difficult times.

The Community Tech team has just launched a new initiative to improve Wikisource. We will be addressing five separate wishes, which came out of the 2020 Community Wishlist Survey, and we want you to be a part of the process! The projects include the following:

For the first project, the team will focus on the #1 wish: improve ebook exports. We have created a project page, which includes an analysis of the ebook export process. We now invite everyone to visit the page and share their feedback on the project talk page. Please let us know what you think of our analysis; we want to hear from all of you! Furthermore, we hope that you will participate in the other Wikisource improvement projects, which we’ll address in the future. Thank you in advance and we look forward to reading your feedback on the ebook export improvement talk page!

-- IFried (WMF) (Product Manager, Community Tech)

Sent by Satdeep Gill (WMF) using MediaWiki message delivery (ciaciarade) 12:51, 28 maj 2020 (CEST)[rispondi]

Agrumi_-_August_Kopisch_-_1838.pdf[modifiché]

Lavorando su nap.source, mi sono imbattuto nella traduzione tedesca di poesie e canti italiani, fra cui alcuni testi in piemontese. Andrebbero recuperati qui, piuttosto che averli sparsi su vari progetti: Tàula:Agrumi - August Kopisch - 1838.pdf. (@Pcastellina Che mi sembra l'utente più attivo ultimamente.) Nel caso, posso dare una mano. Saluti --Ruthven (ciaciarade) 16:35, 5 giu 2020 (CEST)[rispondi]

Se mi mandi i testi che hai trovato, mi farebbe piacere. Grazie. Mandameli a paolocastellina @ gmail.com (senza spazi). Pcastellina (ciaciarade) 10:03, 6 giu 2020 (CEST)[rispondi]
@Pcastellina Ciao, possiamo fare più semplicemente. Se vai a Ennece:Agrumi_-_August_Kopisch_-_1838.pdf, trovi tutte le pagine segnate comn "pms" sono quelle in piemontese da trascrivere qui (poi le integriamo da Tàula:Agrumi - August Kopisch - 1838.pdf su nap.source). Controlla però anche su Wikisource in italiano che il testo non sia già presente - in tal caso lo tagli e incolli qui, sostituendo il tutto con {{iwpage|pms}}. Nel caso, fammi un ping se bisogna coordinarci su qualcosa. --Ruthven (ciaciarade) 12:27, 8 giu 2020 (CEST)[rispondi]

Feedback on movement names[modifiché]

Ciao. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Aiutaci a tradurre nella tua lingua if necessary. Mersì!

There are a lot of conversations happening about the future of our movement names. We hope that you are part of these discussions and that your community is represented.

Since 16 June, the Foundation Brand Team has been running a survey in 7 languages about 3 naming options. There are also community members sharing concerns about renaming in a Community Open Letter.

Our goal in this call for feedback is to hear from across the community, so we encourage you to participate in the survey, the open letter, or both. The survey will go through 7 July in all timezones. Input from the survey and discussions will be analyzed and published on Meta-Wiki.

Thanks for thinking about the future of the movement, --The Brand Project team, 21:39, 2 luj 2020 (CEST)

Note: The survey is conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement.

Announcing a new wiki project! Welcome, Abstract Wikipedia[modifiché]

Sent by m:User:Elitre (WMF) 22:13, 9 luj 2020 (CEST) - m:Special:MyLanguage/Abstract Wikipedia/July 2020 announcement [rispondi]

Feedback requested: Ebook Export Improvement Project[modifiché]

Note: This message is in English, but we encourage translation into other languages. Thank you!

Hello, everyone!

I am pleased to announce that the Community Tech team at WMF has posted our August update on the Wikisource Ebook Export Improvement project! This project came out of our 2020 Community Wishlist Survey, and it was the #1 wish voted on by survey participants.

So, what does this mean? In short, we want your feedback! Now that we have posted the August update, we want to know what you think. The update includes findings from our community consultation, results from two separate analyses conducted by the team (on improving WSExport reliability & font rendering support), and proposed next steps. It is our hope that people can read our analysis, share their feedback, and engage in a conversation with us on the talk page. Your feedback will be invaluable, and it will help determine the next steps of the project.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in the consultation so far! It's been a joy to explore how we can improve the ebook export experience. Now, we look forward to reading a new round of feedback on the project talk page!

-- IFried (WMF) (Product Manager, Community Tech)

Sent by User:SGill (WMF) using MediaWiki message delivery (ciaciarade) 14:14, 17 ost 2020 (CEST)[rispondi]

Important: maintenance operation on September 1st[modifiché]

Trizek (WMF) (talk) 15:49, 26 ost 2020 (CEST)[rispondi]

Invitation to participate in the conversation[modifiché]

Wikisource Pagelist Widget: Ready to be enabled[modifiché]

Note: This message is in English, but we encourage translation into other languages. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

We are excited to announce that the Wikisource Pagelist widget is now available to be enabled on all Wikisources. Any interface admin on your wiki can enable it by using the instructions on the following page:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Help:Extension:ProofreadPage/Pagelist_widget

In case, your wiki doesn’t have an interface admin, reach out to us on the ‘Help with enabling the widget on your wiki’ section of the project talk page and we will connect you with a global interface admin:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikisource_Pagelist_Widget#Help_with_enabling_the_widget_on_your_wiki

You will need to hold a local discussion around what would be the labels for different page types in your language for the visual mode. (For example, ToC = ਤਤਕਰਾ in Punjabi, title = শিরোনাম in Bengali)

Feel free to also give us any feedback on the project talk page on Meta-Wiki as well.

Regards

Sohom Datta

Sent by Satdeep Gill (WMF) using MediaWiki message delivery (ciaciarade) 07:56, 15 stè 2020 (CEST) [rispondi]

Wikisource Pagelist Widget: Wikisource Meetup (29th September 2020)[modifiché]

Hello everyone,

We hope you are doing well!

We reached out to you a couple of weeks ago to share that Wikisource Pagelist Widget is now ready to be enabled to Wikisource. Since then, many language Wikisources have enabled the widget but many are yet to do so.

So, we have decided to organize a Wikisource Meetup to give a live demonstration on how to use the widget in both wikitext and visual modes. There will be some time for the participants to share their feedback and experience with the widget. We will also provide support in case some Wikisource communities are seeking help in enabling the widget.

The meetup will take place on 29 September 2020 at 9:30 AM UTC or 3 PM IST. Google Meet link for the meeting is: http://meet.google.com/khu-dfph-qsd

Looking forward to seeing the global Wikisource community connect amid these difficult times when physical meetings have not been taking place.

P.S. If you are planning to attend this meetup and are comfortable in sharing your email address then send us your confirmation in the form of a small email to sgill@wikimedia.org, this will help us in getting a sense of the number of people that are planning to show-up. We are aware that this time-zone is not convenient for everyone and more meetups can be organized in the future.

Regards

Sohom, Sam and Satdeep

Sent by Satdeep using MediaWiki message delivery (ciaciarade) 13:03, 24 stè 2020 (CEST)[rispondi]

Wiki of functions naming contest[modifiché]

23:13, 29 stè 2020 (CEST)

Call for feedback about Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws changes and Board candidate rubric[modifiché]

Ciao. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Aiutaci a tradurre nella tua lingua.

Today the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees starts two calls for feedback. One is about changes to the Bylaws mainly to increase the Board size from 10 to 16 members. The other one is about a trustee candidate rubric to introduce new, more effective ways to evaluate new Board candidates. The Board welcomes your comments through 26 October. For more details, check the full announcement.

Mersì! Qgil-WMF (talk) 19:10, 7 otó 2020 (CEST)[rispondi]

Important: maintenance operation on October 27[modifiché]

-- Trizek (WMF) (talk) 19:12, 21 otó 2020 (CEST)[rispondi]

Wiki of functions naming contest - Round 2[modifiché]

23:11, 5 nov 2020 (CET)

Sondaggio 2021 dei desideri della comunità[modifiché]

Magic Wand Icon 229981 Color Flipped.svg

Inizia il sondaggio 2021 dei desideri della comunità! Il sondaggio serve alla comunità per decidere su che cosa il Community Tech team debba lavorare il prossimo anno. Incoraggiamo chiunque ad avanzare proposte entro la scadenza del 30 novèmber e a commentare le proposte altrui per aiutare a migliorarle. Le comunità voteranno le proposte tra l'8 dzèmber e il 21 dzèmber.

Il Community Tech team presta particolare attenzione agli strumenti destinati agli editori di Wikimedia con più esperienza. Puoi avanzare proposte scrivendo in qualsiasi lingua. Ci penseremo poi noi a tradurle per te. Grazie, non vediamo l'ora di leggere le tue proposte!

SGrabarczuk (WMF) 05:46, 20 nov 2020 (CET)[rispondi]

Wikidata descriptions changes to be included more often in Recent Changes and Watchlist[modifiché]

2020 Coolest Tool Award Ceremony on December 11th[modifiché]

Sondaggio 2021 sui desideri della comunità[modifiché]

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

16:21, 11 dzè 2020 (CET)

Moving Wikimania 2021 to a Virtual Event[modifiché]

Wikimania's logo.

Ciao. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Aiutaci a tradurre nella tua lingua. Mersì!

Wikimania will be a virtual event this year, and hosted by a wide group of community members. Whenever the next in-person large gathering is possible again, the ESEAP Core Organizing Team will be in charge of it. Stay tuned for more information about how you can get involved in the planning process and other aspects of the event. Please read the longer version of this announcement on wikimedia-l.

ESEAP Core Organizing Team, Wikimania Steering Committee, Wikimedia Foundation Events Team, 16:16, 27 gen 2021 (CET)

Project Grant Open Call[modifiché]

This is the announcement for the Project Grants program open call that started on January 11, with the submission deadline of February 10, 2021.
This first open call will be focussed on Community Organizing proposals. A second open call focused on research and software proposals is scheduled from February 15 with a submission deadline of March 16, 2021.

For the Round 1 open call, we invite you to propose grant applications that fall under community development and organizing (offline and online) categories. Project Grant funds are available to support individuals, groups, and organizations to implement new experiments and proven ideas, from organizing a better process on your wiki, coordinating a campaign or editathon series to providing other support for community building. We offer the following resources to help you plan your project and complete a grant proposal:

Program officers are also available to offer individualized proposal support upon request. Contact us if you would like feedback or more information.

We are excited to see your grant ideas that will support our community and make an impact on the future of Wikimedia projects. Put your idea into motion, and submit your proposal by February 10, 2021!

Please feel free to get in touch with questions about getting started with your grant application, or about serving on the Project Grants Committee. Contact us at projectgrantsStamp:Atwikimedia.org. Please help us translate this message to your local language. MediaWiki message delivery (ciaciarade) 09:01, 28 gen 2021 (CET)[rispondi]

Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 is back![modifiché]

Aiutaci a tradurre nella tua lingua

Wiki Loves Folklore Logo.svg

You are humbly invited to participate in the Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 an international photography contest organized on Wikimedia Commons to document folklore and intangible cultural heritage from different regions, including, folk creative activities and many more. It is held every year from the 1st till the 28th of February.

You can help in enriching the folklore documentation on Commons from your region by taking photos, audios, videos, and submitting them in this commons contest.

Please support us in translating the project page and a banner message to help us spread the word in your native language.

Kind regards,

Wiki loves Folklore International Team

MediaWiki message delivery (ciaciarade) 14:25, 6 fër 2021 (CET)[rispondi]

Proposal: Set two-letter project shortcuts as alias to project namespace globally[modifiché]

Aiutaci a tradurre nella tua lingua

Hello everyone,

I apologize for posting in English. I would like to inform everyone that I created a new global request for comment (GRFC) at Meta Wiki, which may affect your project: m:Requests for comment/Set short project namespace aliases by default globally.

In this GRFC, I propose that two-project shortcuts for project names will become a default alias for the project namespace. For instance, on all Wikipedias, WP will be an alias to the Wikipedia: namespace (and similar for other projects). Full list is available in the GRFC.

This is already the case for Wikivoyages, and many individual projects asked for this alias to be implemented. I believe this makes it easier to access the materials in the project namespace, as well as creating shortcuts like WP:NPOV, as well as helps new projects to use this feature, without having to figure out how to request site configuration changes first.

As far as I can see, Wikisource currently does not have such an alias set. This means that such an alias will be set for you, if the GRFC is accepted by the global community.

I would like to ask all community members to participate in the request for comment at Meta-Wiki, see m:Requests for comment/Set short project namespace aliases by default globally.

Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions about this proposal.

Best regards,
--Martin Urbanec (talk) 15:12, 18 fër 2021 (CET)[rispondi]

Wikifunctions logo contest[modifiché]

02:50, 2 mar 2021 (CET)

Proposta di regolamento itWikiCon[modifiché]

Cara comunità,
con l'obiettivo di facilitare l'organizzazione delle future itWikiCon, un gruppo di organizzatori delle edizioni passate, con all'interno anche rappresentanti di WMI e WMCH, ha pensato di proporre questo regolamento: lo scopo è quello di riuscire ogni anno in tempi rapidi ad assegnare l'organizzazione di itWikiCon e ottenere, se necessario, il supporto economico dei chapter.
Nel caso in cui ci siano più proposte concomitanti, il procedimento servirebbe anche a decidere quale candidatura sostenere. Ovviamente è solo una bozza che proponiamo alla comunità di lingua italiana di commentare e approvare. L'obiettivo sarebbe avere un testo approvato entro fine aprile in modo da dare tempo a chi si volesse organizzarne una dal vivo per il 2022 (per il 2021 sarà necessariamente ancora on-line). --CristianNX, Ferdi2005, Ilario, Jaqen, Ruthven, Yiyi, Ysogo, Valerio Bozzolan, Superchilum (ciaciarade) 22:47, 23 mar 2021 (CET)[rispondi]

Universal Code of Conduct – 2021 consultations[modifiché]

Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2[modifiché]

Aiutaci a tradurre nella tua lingua

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a universal baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire Wikimedia movement and all its projects. The project is currently in Phase 2, outlining clear enforcement pathways. You can read more about the whole project on its project page.

Drafting Committee: Call for applications[modifiché]

The Wikimedia Foundation is recruiting volunteers to join a committee to draft how to make the code enforceable. Volunteers on the committee will commit between 2 and 6 hours per week from late April through July and again in October and November. It is important that the committee be diverse and inclusive, and have a range of experiences, including both experienced users and newcomers, and those who have received or responded to, as well as those who have been falsely accused of harassment.

To apply and learn more about the process, see Universal Code of Conduct/Drafting committee.

2021 community consultations: Notice and call for volunteers / translators[modifiché]

From 5 April – 5 May 2021 there will be conversations on many Wikimedia projects about how to enforce the UCoC. We are looking for volunteers to translate key material, as well as to help host consultations on their own languages or projects using suggested key questions. If you are interested in volunteering for either of these roles, please contact us in whatever language you are most comfortable.

To learn more about this work and other conversations taking place, see Universal Code of Conduct/2021 consultations.

-- Xeno (WMF) (talk) 00:19, 6 avr 2021 (CEST)[rispondi]

Universal Code of Conduct News – Issue 1[modifiché]

Universal Code of Conduct News
Issue 1, June 2021Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the first issue of Universal Code of Conduct News! This newsletter will help Wikimedians stay involved with the development of the new code, and will distribute relevant news, research, and upcoming events related to the UCoC.

Please note, this is the first issue of UCoC Newsletter which is delivered to all subscribers and projects as an announcement of the initiative. If you want the future issues delivered to your talk page, village pumps, or any specific pages you find appropriate, you need to subscribe here.

You can help us by translating the newsletter issues in your languages to spread the news and create awareness of the new conduct to keep our beloved community safe for all of us. Please add your name here if you want to be informed of the draft issue to translate beforehand. Your participation is valued and appreciated.

  • Affiliate consultations – Wikimedia affiliates of all sizes and types were invited to participate in the UCoC affiliate consultation throughout March and April 2021. (continue reading)
  • 2021 key consultations – The Wikimedia Foundation held enforcement key questions consultations in April and May 2021 to request input about UCoC enforcement from the broader Wikimedia community. (continue reading)
  • Roundtable discussions – The UCoC facilitation team hosted two 90-minute-long public roundtable discussions in May 2021 to discuss UCoC key enforcement questions. More conversations are scheduled. (continue reading)
  • Phase 2 drafting committee – The drafting committee for the phase 2 of the UCoC started their work on 12 May 2021. Read more about their work. (continue reading)
  • Diff blogs – The UCoC facilitators wrote several blog posts based on interesting findings and insights from each community during local project consultation that took place in the 1st quarter of 2021. (continue reading)

--MediaWiki message delivery (ciaciarade) 01:06, 12 giu 2021 (CEST)[rispondi]

Wikimania 2021: Individual Program Submissions[modifiché]

Wikimania logo with text 2.svg

Dear all,

Wikimania 2021 will be hosted virtually for the first time in the event's 15-year history. Since there is no in-person host, the event is being organized by a diverse group of Wikimedia volunteers that form the Core Organizing Team (COT) for Wikimania 2021.

Event Program - Individuals or a group of individuals can submit their session proposals to be a part of the program. There will be translation support for sessions provided in a number of languages. See more information here.

Below are some links to guide you through;

Please note that the deadline for submission is 18th June 2021.

Announcements- To keep up to date with the developments around Wikimania, the COT sends out weekly updates. You can view them in the Announcement section here.

Office Hour - If you are left with questions, the COT will be hosting some office hours (in multiple languages), in multiple time-zones, to answer any programming questions that you might have. Details can be found here.

Best regards,

MediaWiki message delivery (ciaciarade) 06:19, 16 giu 2021 (CEST)[rispondi]

On behalf of Wikimania 2021 Core Organizing Team

Editing news 2021 #2[modifiché]

16:15, 24 giu 2021 (CEST)

Server switch[modifiché]

SGrabarczuk (WMF) 03:19, 27 giu 2021 (CEST)[rispondi]

Wikisource Satisfaction Survey 2021[modifiché]

Stamp:Dir Ciao!

Apologies for writing in English. Aiutaci a tradurre nella tua lingua

In the past year, there has been a lot of changes to Wikisource features and tools. This was done by the Community Tech team at the Wikimedia Foundation, grantees funded by the Foundation or through projects like Google Summer of Code. We would like to understand what you feel about the changes. Tell us what you think about such tools as the Wikisource Pagelist Widget or the new Ebook Export tool.

Take the survey in English, French, Spanish, Polish, Hindi or Punjabi. The deadline is 25th July 2021.

This survey will be conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement (English, Spanish, French, Polish, Hindi and Punjabi).

If you prefer to send your answers via email, copy the text of the survey and send to sgill@wikimedia.org.

If you have any questions or feedback about the survey, write to me at sgill@wikimedia.org.

Mersì! SGill (WMF) 00:30, 17 luj 2021 (CEST)[rispondi]

Codice universale di condotta - bozza delle linee guida sull'applicazione[modifiché]

Buongiorno a tutti,

Il comitato di redazione della fase 2 del codice universale di condotta ha completato i lavori, qui trovate la bozza delle linee guida sull'applicazione del codice universale di condotta (UCoC).

La bozza è basata sui risultati delle consultazioni, discussioni e ricerche, tra queste anche la consultazione in cui è stata coinvolta la comunità di lingua italiana ad inizio 2021.

La bozza è, appunto, una bozza, è quindi possibile (anzi, caldamente auspicato) che tutti coloro che sono interessati esprimano opinioni e commenti, anche suggerimenti su come migliorare la traduzione. Il comitato revisionerà la bozza tenendo conto del feedback ricevuto da parte delle comunità.

Il periodo di revisione comincia oggi 17 agosto 2021 e durerà fino al 17 ottobre.

La bozza può essere commentata in diversi "luoghi":

Sono previsti inoltre degli incontri e tavole rotonde online (in inglese):

I commenti e le osservazioni verranno poi riassunte in un riepilogo quindicinale che verrà pubblicato qui.

Mi rendo conto che il documento è lungo e a tratti complesso, suggerisco però di prendersi il tempo per leggerlo dato il potenziale impatto che avrà.
Grazie per l'attenzione! --Civvi (WMF) (ciaciarade) 22:15, 17 ost 2021 (CEST)[rispondi]

Universal Code of Conduct - Enforcement draft guidelines review[modifiché]

Il comitato di redazione della fase 2 del codice universale di condotta è in attesa di commenti e opinioni sulla bozza delle linee guida sull'applicazione del codice universale di condotta (UCoC). La durata del periodo di revisione è dal 17 agosto 2021 al 17 ottobre 2021.

Queste linee guida non sono definitive, puoi contribuire al loro miglioramento. Il comitato revisionerà il testo alla luce dei commenti fatti dalle comunità.

Sulla pagina di discussione dedicata e in diverse altre sedi è possibile commentare in ogni lingua. Tutti sono invitati a contribuire o a organizzare discussioni all'interno delle loro comunità.

Sul testo della bozza sono previste anche delle discussioni online:

Sessione di Wikimania 2021 - 16 agosto @ 11:00 UTC - 11:45 UTC
Incontri online - 24 agosto, 31 agosto, 7 settembre @ 03:00 UTC & 14:00 UTC
Tavole rotonde online - 18 settembre @ 03:00 UTC & 15:00 UTC

I riepiloghi delle discussioni verranno postati qui ogni due settimane.

Sono a disposizione per qualsiasi domanda.

Xeno (WMF) 00:46, 18 ost 2021 (CEST)[rispondi]

Update on the OCR Improvements[modifiché]

Hello! Sorry for writing in English. Aiutaci a tradurre nella tua lingua.

The OCR Improvements are complete. We, the Community Tech team, are grateful for your feedback from the beginning to the last stage when we were finalizing the interface.

Engine improvements[modifiché]

OCR menu in toolbar
Reliability

Prior to our work, the OCR tools were separate gadgets. We have added "Wikimedia OCR." It is available under one icon inside the toolbar on all Wikisource wikis. This tool supports two other OCR tools, Tesseract and Google OCR. We expect these tools to be more stable. We will maintain Wikimedia OCR.

The gadgets will remain available. The communities will have sovereignty over when to enable or disable these.

Speed

Prior to this work, transcription would take upwards of 40 seconds. Our improvements average a transcription time under 4 seconds.

Advanced Tools improvements[modifiché]

Multi-language support in advanced tools.png
Multiple-language support

Documents with multiple languages can be transcribed in a new way.

  1. Open the Advanced Options
  2. Select the Languages (optional) field
  3. Search for and enter the languages in order of prevalence in the document.
UI Crop tool in Advanced tools
Cropping tool / Multi-column support

We have included a Cropper tool. It allows to select regions to transcribe on pages with complicated layouts.

OCR onboarding.png
Discoverability and accessibility of OCR

We have added an interface for new users. It is pulsating blue dots over the new icon in the toolbar. The new interface explains what OCR means and what transcription means in Wikisource.

We believe that you will do even more great things because of these changes. We also hope to see you at the 2022 Community Wishlist Survey. Thanks you again for all your opinions and support.

Please share your opinions on the project talk page!

NRodriguez (WMF) and SGrabarczuk (WMF) 03:57, 19 ost 2021 (CEST)[rispondi]

Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election has come to an end[modifiché]

Thank you for participating in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election! Voting closed August 31 at 23:59. The official data, including the four most voted candidates, will be announced as soon as the Elections Committee completes their review of the ballots. The official announcement of the new trustees appointed will happen later, once the selected candidates have been confirmed by the Board.

6,946 community members from 216 wiki projects have voted. This makes 10.2% global participation, 1.1% higher than in the last Board elections. In 2017, 5167 people from 202 wiki projects cast their vote. A full analysis is planned to be published in a few days when the confirmed results are announced. In the meantime, you can check the data produced during the election.

Diversity was an important goal with these elections. Messages about the Board election were translated into 61 languages. This outreach worked well. There were 70 communities with eligible voters voting in this election for the first time. With your help, next year’s Board of Trustees election will be even better.

22:50, 1 stè 2021 (CEST)

The 2022 Community Wishlist Survey will happen in January[modifiché]

SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 02:23, 7 stè 2021 (CEST)[rispondi]

Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee ending 14 September 2021[modifiché]

La Strategia del Movimento annuncia l'apertura delle candidature per il comitato di redazione della Carta fondamentale del movimento. Le candidature si aprono il 2 di agosto del 2021 e si chiudono 14 di settembre del 2021.

Ci si aspetta che il comitato rappresenti la diversità del movimento. La diversità comprende genere, lingua, provenienza geografica ed esperienza. Questo include la partecipazione nei progetti, affiliati e nella Wikimedia Foundation.

Per farne parte non è richiesta la conoscenza fluente dell'inglese. Se necessario, viene fornito sostegno per la traduzione. I membri riceveranno un'indennità per compensare i costi di partecipazione. Si tratta di 100 dollari ogni due mesi.

Stiamo cercando persone che abbiano alcune fra le seguenti competenze:

  • Sappiano scrivere in modo collaborativo. (dimostrare dell'esperienza è un vantaggio)
  • Siano pronte a trovare dei compromessi.
  • Siano attente all'inclusione e alla diversità.
  • Abbiano conoscenza delle consultazioni comunitarie.
  • Abbiano esperienza di comunicazione interculturale.
  • Abbiano esperienza di governance o di organizzazione in non-profit o comunità.
  • Abbiano esperienza nella negoziazione con parti diverse.

Ci si attende che il comitato cominci con 15 persone. Se ci sono 20 o più candidati avrà luogo un processo di selezione con voto. Se vi sono 19 o meno candidati la selezione avverrà senza voto.

Vuoi aiutare Wikimedia a progredire in questo ruolo? Invia la tua candidatura dalla prossima settimana qui. Per favore contatta strategy2030Stamp:Atwikimedia.org in caso di domande.

Xeno (WMF) 18:51, 10 stè 2021 (CEST)[rispondi]

Server switch[modifiché]

SGrabarczuk (WMF) (discussion) 02:46, 11 stè 2021 (CEST)[rispondi]

Talk to the Community Tech[modifiché]

Stamp:Dir

Read this message in another languageAiutaci a tradurre nella tua lingua

Hello!

As we have recently announced, we, the team working on the Community Wishlist Survey, would like to invite you to an online meeting with us. It will take place on September 15th, 23:00 UTC on Zoom, and will last an hour. Click here to join.

Agenda

Format

The meeting will not be recorded or streamed. Notes without attribution will be taken and published on Meta-Wiki. The presentation (first three points in the agenda) will be given in English.

We can answer questions asked in English, French, Polish, and Spanish. If you would like to ask questions in advance, add them on the Community Wishlist Survey talk page or send to sgrabarczuk@wikimedia.org.

Natalia Rodriguez (the Community Tech manager) will be hosting this meeting.

Invitation link

See you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (discussion) 05:04, 11 stè 2021 (CEST)[rispondi]

Discutiamo dei miglioramenti all'interfaccia desktop[modifiché]

Annotated Wikipedia Vector interface (logged-out).png

Ciao!

Hai notato che alcuni wiki hanno un'interfaccia desktop diversa? Non sei curioso di sapere che piani abbiamo al riguardo? Magari hai domande o idee sul design o su questioni tecniche?

Partecipa a una riunione online col team che sta lavorando a questi miglioramenti! La riunione si terrà il 12 ottobre alle 16:00 UTC su Zoom e durerà un'ora. Clicca qui per partecipare.

Programma

  • Aggiornamenti sugli ultimi sviluppi
  • Header fisso - presentazione della versione demo
  • Domande e risposte, discussione

Formato

La riunione non sarà registrata né trasmessa in streaming. Le note saranno prese in un file di Google Docs. La parte introduttiva (primi due punti del programma) si terrà in inglese.

Saremo in grado di rispondere a domande in inglese, francese, polacco e spagnolo. Se vuoi fare domande in anticipo, scrivile nella pagina di discussione o inviale a sgrabarczuk@wikimedia.org.

L'host della riunione sarà Olga Vasileva (manager del team).

Link di invito

Speriamo che parteciperai! Patafisik (WMF) (msg) 22:26, 5 otó 2021 (CEST)[rispondi]

Le elezioni per i membri del comitati di redazione della carta fondamentale del movimnto Wikimedia sono aperte[modifiché]

Le elezioni per i membri del comitati di redazione della carta fondamentale del movimnto Wikimedia sono aperte. Alle elezioni si sono candidati 70 Wikimediani provenienti da tutto il mondo per 7 posti nel comitato.

Le votazioni sono aperte dal 12 di ottobre al 24 di ottobre di 2021 (AoE).

Il comitato sarà costituito da 15 persone: le comunità dei progetti ne voteranno 7, 6 saranno selezionati dagli affiliati Wikimedia tramite un processo di selezione parallelo al voto, e 2 membri saranno nominati da Wikimedia Foundation. Il piano è di completare il comitato al 1° di novembre 2021.

Informati sui candidati nella lingua che preferisci: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Candidates>

Qui trovi informazioni sul comitato di redazione: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee>

Stiamo provando una voting advice application, uno strumento di aiuto per votare. Prova a navigare all'interno del tool per individuare quale candidato è più vicino alle tue opinioni. Provalo qui: <https://mcdc-election-compass.toolforge.org/>

Vai a votare tramite Secure Poll qui: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Elections>

Cordiali saluti,

Movement Strategy & Governance Team, Wikimedia Foundation

Xeno (WMF) 20:25, 14 otó 2021 (CEST)[rispondi]